This shade cloth is used as an aid to help your plants transition from indoor or greenhouse to the outside world. Many gardeners or growers don't have the space or time to harden their plants off correctly before placing them in the ground. This can cause bad sun scold on plants and they often die.
Using shade cloth for the first week or so they are out in the garden or field allows the plants to happily transition to their new home without the time consuming efforts of hardening off. The cloth allows only 60% of the light to penetrate so plants can easily get used to their new surroundings. After 6-10 days, depending on the area, the cloth is removed so plants can grow normally. Using shade cloth vastly cuts down time it takes to get plants into the ground.
The shade cloth we sell has the following features:
- 6 feet wide.
- 40% density meaning it will block out 40% of the light. This is recommended for seedlings and other plants being placed in the garden directly from shade or indoor lighting to the
- Constructed of a white polyethylene fabric absorbs and reflects the white scattered light from the atmosphere. The interior of the structure is cooler than that covered by black shade cloth in hot weather conditions, as white shade cloth reflects the heat.
- Cloth has a seam down the center and simple edges along each side. The ends are raw and unfinished where it has been cut from the roll. However the Lockstitch construction of the knitted material does not unravel and stays locked in place.
- It can easily be cut with sharp scissors to any desired size or shape.
- May look slightly yellow or pink on receipt. This is due to light issues. It will turn white very soon after exposed to sunlight.
- It has a 5 year protection against UV degradation from the manufacturer.
- Depending on how large a piece you order it may contain a factory seam in its length.
- FREE SHIPPING ON THIS PRODUCT!